Grades have changed this year for report cards, art is included in the change. Art now has 2 grading areas: Skill and Participation.
• Grading SKILL refers to students meeting the goals and outcomes that I have specified. The goal is located on my white board as an "I Can" statement. I use their artwork as their assessment by seeing the end result and observing them in class.
• Grading PARTICIPATION refers to contribution to art. Is the student having a positive or negative attitude? Are they using their time accordingly? Is the student's participation consistent to what is expected of them?
The grading marks are:
E = Exceeds
- Going above and beyond. Grade level MASTERY of the outcome
M = Meets
- Student is SECURE in meeting the outcomes that I give them.
P = Partially Meets
- Student is partially secure. Student doesn't meet grade level expectations for this outcome but is close to meeting.
D = Does Not Meet
- Student does not meet grade level expectations for this outcome